EAST LONGMEADOW, Mass., January 29, 2007 — LENOX®, a leading manufacturer of premium power tool accessories, hand tools, torches, and band saw blades, announces the introduction of a line of Snips and HVAC Tools specially designed for HVAC installation and metal fabrication. The new line offers longer blade and spring life and more comfortable grips.
The design of the new line of snips provides the user with superior quality and strength. These design features include:
· LONG BLADE LIFE – Aviation Snips feature precision-formed blades ground to a point for long, even cuts. The Offset Snips are designed with bi-material blades: 1074 High Carbon Steel upper blades for sharpness and forged lower blades for strength.
· ULTIMATE SPRING DURABILITY – Reinforced chrome silicone valve-quality wire lasts for a lifetime.
· COMFORTABLE GRIPS – Over-molded handles won’t slip or twist.
· QUICK IDENTIFICATION - Color coding on both blades and handles plus arrow icons for easy tool recognition
“LENOX has always been known as the metal cutting experts,” stated Emily Furnal, product manager, LENOX. “We are leveraging that technology and know-how to create a snip that is far superior to the competition. This technology means that your snips will last longer and your work will be easier.”
LENOX Snips are available in six sizes:
· Right, left and straight cutting aviation
· Right and left offset
· Bulldog snip to cut up to 16-gauge cold rolled steel
In addition to snips, the HVAC line also includes crimpers, seamers, notchers, snap locks punches, and pipe duct cutters. These tools feature the Ultimate Spring Durability and Comfortable Grips of the LENOX Snips. The complete line of LENOX® HVAC tools is available at plumbing, electrical and HVAC distributors nationwide.